"There's nothing to match curling up with a good book

when there's a repair job to be done

around the house."

Joe Ryan

******

Friday

Annie Dillard





One day I visited my favorite bookshop. The man asked me :"do you know Annie Dillard? No! Take this , you MUST read it..."
It was "Pilgrim at Tinker creek". I missed the bus stop that day, came home very late but so happy...I know if I say it was the beginning aof another love story you'll laugh...but nevermind...it's a love story...between a writer and a reader living in such different countries, having the same age...
Funny enough, last night I was rereading An American chidhood...So many differences between Annie D. life and mine...She was a little girl living in Pittsburgh, I was a litle girl living in a tiny French village...We had the same dreams, the same plays but I had no phone, no washing machine, and some of my school mates had no electricity at home...It's not the difference between France and America but between town and country villages in the 1950's.
I won't talk about "Pilgrim at Tinker creek" today, I need time nand concentration...but it's great, really great...

No comments: