"There's nothing to match curling up with a good book

when there's a repair job to be done

around the house."

Joe Ryan

******

Monday

Craft for a dry lake by Kim Mahood

"As I travel through the country I discover that this is not my country, nor is it my father’s country. But my track, my story travels through it and so does his. They make up part of the pattern of the country. By coming back I reinvoke them. At all the points of intersection I feel the other journeys, ancestral, contemporary, historic, imaginary. They are all under my skin. "
Kim Mahood
The woman 's journey, meeting the little girl, the father, the arborigenal women, and the country, the huge desert outbacks...
The souls of ancestors, the old paths, the signs, the colours, the earth...
The questions of an artist on her work, and her inspirations...
The travel to the depths of the country, the depths of memory...
The ultimate discovery, I don't belong to it, It doesn't belong to me, we are together, inside one another...much less and much more than I expected...
The history of a country, the lack of water, the cattle, the "stations", the desert, the camp-fires, the life as hard as the ground...
She wanted her father, she finds herself...
She wanted the old country she knew, she discovers a new land, so different and so the same...
A book of stone, dust, flesh, bones, colours, silence and stories...
A woman is born, so similar, so different...
We have to accept to be what we are...
Read it, whether you live in a desert, a small european village or a huge city...read it this woman is your sister...

1 comment:

kerrdelune said...

Dearest Peaceful, I love this blog entry and your whole blog world - it is a wonderful uplifting place to visit and spend time, good for body and spirit - all those lovely books, quotes and your own sweet words. Much love from Nokomis (Cate)