"There's nothing to match curling up with a good book

when there's a repair job to be done

around the house."

Joe Ryan

******

Sunday

Her name was Anjela...


Once again, let's listen to Anjela Duval...


Pedenn evit ur bloaz nevez
PRAYER FOR A NEW YEAR

Lord! Father of the Universe
And Father of all Creatures
Spirit and Matter
Today hear if she asks
The least of your children
Who loves you from the depths of her heart
Her happiness to live forever...
Before you like a child before his father
With neither pain nor suspicion
I start a new Year
In the beginning of the springtime.
What will be? I am in your hands.
Respectful?... Yes. Obedient? Hardly...
But may Your Will be done
And may a morsel of wisdom descend on my old age
So that my time will not be empty or vain
Give me Love and Enlightenment
Sufficient to share with others who
Stumble and grope on the Way
That Way so narrow that leads to Eternity...

Amen.

4/3/76 the 72nd
[birthday]Read this poem in breton
Translated by Lenora Timm

I'm not used to prayers, but from time to time such words from an humble woman and a great artist are a good soul medicine...let's all have a very happy new year...a peaceful one...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I pray all the time, just not to the norm - more like breathing in and out and realizing I'm not alone. Happy new year to you!