"There's nothing to match curling up with a good book

when there's a repair job to be done

around the house."

Joe Ryan

******

Friday

Tu Fu and the Spring




A Spring View
************
Though a country be sundered, hills and rivers endure;
And spring comes green again to trees and grasses
Where petals have been shed like tears
And lonely birds have sung their grief....
After the war-fires of three months,
One message from home is worth a ton of gold....
I stroke my white hair. It has grown too thin
To hold the hairpins any more.

TU-FU (712 - 770)

He was a Chinese Poet , he ranks together with his friend Li Tai-po as one of the greatest poets and social critics in Chinese history.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I have not read him before. What a perfectly timed poem. And the photo is lovely. I notice our daffodils are wonderful this year - last year I thought I had lost them all - not even green leaves. This year some that I haven't seen in years came up. Works for me. Spring is always such a beautiful surprise!

RUTH said...

A beautiful poem. I love Spring as all the garden starts anew.