"There's nothing to match curling up with a good book

when there's a repair job to be done

around the house."

Joe Ryan

******

Wednesday


"Where rivers change directions" from Mark Spragg
I love the words, the poetic words, strong as powerful as the mountain, the ice, the winter...
I love the people...the little boy , the adults, the parents, all of them...
I love the country...the ranch lost in the mountain...the school...
A book about childhood, hard life, wild country, winter, a book about solitude and friendship, education, animals, nature...
The unsaid words, the silence, the little things done to friends, to help silently, the wood ready for the stove, the knife well -sharpened...the "modesty" of these men...
(I don't really know what word to use, in my dictionary I found "decency and modesty", but I'm not sure...in French I'd say "pudeur"...when you don't always say what you think, how you feel, when you keep your feelings deep inside, though they're so strong, just because you don't like to show off...)
I love John, the adult, the friend, the ...could I say the second father???
The relationships between men and animals...(not talking about the stupid tourists of course...)
It's so interesting for a woman to get to know these men...to read Mark Spragg 's memoirs...to realize how thin the difference between men and women may be...human beings...that's what we all are...

No comments: