"There's nothing to match curling up with a good book

when there's a repair job to be done

around the house."

Joe Ryan

******

Thursday

The joys of everyday rituals by Barbara Biziou

Magical pebbles...pebbles from Scandinavia...pebbles from dreams- land...
I had them in thought when I started reading "The joys of everyday ritual" by Barbara Biziou...
These stones are in several blogs of mine...I sent them to friends through our Post-office...Audrey wondered lately about the blue one...actually there's no blue pebble...there're ordinary greyish stones...but once they've been scanned several times, colours reversed...you see their souls...
Everyday little things that change our lives sometimes...not the events of everyday life at first, but the way we feel, we behave...and afterwards may be the events themselves...
I found an interesting book, giving simple advices...I didn't throw it away as I did with J.Cameron ...Barbara isn't always refering to God, the experiences she talks about aren't mundane stories...May be I should not criticize Julia C. that way, but I feel close to Barbara, not to Julia...I know I haven't read all the book yet...
Made me wonder...
At this point of my life I feel like turning round and facing the past...I must go on sorting things out...I haven't finished my "life laundry"...
Why is it I feel so nostalgic when remenbering Christmas feasts, birthdays...
Why is it I want to get rid of all these memories...
Why is it I was so moved by the film "The barbarian invasions" by Denys Arcand, the film on death rituals...
Why is it we want to get free, to throw the past away, and on the other side to keep all these memories...
"We hunger for both community and communion, the feelings found in the meaningful practise of rituals" B.B. wrote...
I feel torn between the call of life in communities and the call of solitude and complete independance...

to be followed...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh - more. I want to hear more. Because you have so nailed on the head how I feel. I look at places in my yard from 13 years ago when we just moved in and had a camp fire and made dinner - grown over now. And I go to the Eastern Shore of Maryland and remember all my summers there - and it feels safe and I want to move there. And the photos that I can get lost in.

I love this post. I so identify with it...and I love the stones, whose soul you can now see. What an awesome thing to think about!

Thank you! (as always)