"There's nothing to match curling up with a good book

when there's a repair job to be done

around the house."

Joe Ryan

******

Wednesday

Alexandra David Neel

'Then it was springtime in the cloudy Himalayas. Nine hundred feet below my cave rhododendrons blossomed. I climbed barren mountain-tops. Long tramps led me to desolate valleys studded with translucent lakes . . . Solitude, solitude! . . . Mind and senses develop their sensibility in this contemplative life made up of continual observations and reflections. Does one become a visionary or, rather, is it not that one has been blind until then?"
Alexandra David-Neel (Magic and Mystery in Tibet, 1932)

Such a strong woman, that small, frail one, who always felt depressed before she went on her journey...I've got many things to tell you about her, but it's really late...Anyway thank you Mugo for reminding me Alexandra D.Neel.

No comments: